Jakub Vodsedalek Partner
Jakub practices in the areas of general litigation, with a focus on maritime litigation and insurance defence. Jakub has been involved in a wide range of cases involving contract law, expropriation, civil forfeiture, regulatory compliance matters and real estate disputes.
Jakub obtained his law degree from the University of Toronto in 2014, where he received the Gowlings Prize in Bankruptcy and Insolvency and the Laskin Prize in Constitutional Law. Following articles at a large international firm in Toronto, Jakub moved to Vancouver in 2015 and was called to the B.C. bar. He then practiced at a boutique law firm in the area of commercial litigation until joining Bernard LLP as an associate in 2018.
Professional and Other Affiliations
- Called to the Bar of British Columbia, 2015
- Called to the Bar of Ontario, 2014
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Bar Association (B.C. Branch), Maritime Law Section, Member
- Canadian Bar Association (B.C. Branch), Insurance Law Section, Member
Jakub’s personal interests include cooking, camping across the province and capturing his adventures on camera.