Our lawyers provide practical, timely and cost effective counsel on a wide range of employment matters including:
- drafting and interpreting employment and consulting agreements;
- drafting policies;
- pro-active advice and ongoing assistance in managing the employment relationship including:
- attendance management, workplace impairment, misconduct and investigations;
- human rights obligations including the duty to accommodate;
- worker’s compensation and occupational health and safety; and
- providing education and seminars for employers, managers, and staff on employment and human rights issues;
- guidance and advice with respect to the end of the relationship including notice obligations, just cause, and constructive dismissal;
- guidance and advice with respect to human rights issues; and
- advice and advocacy with respect to post employment obligations and duties including enforcement of restrictive covenants.
Our focus is on practical, strategic and effective advice and solutions. We successfully assist our clients in resolving many disputes through negotiation and mediation. We also vigorously represent and advocate for our clients in court and before a variety of administrative tribunals including federal and provincial human rights tribunals, employment standards tribunals, workers compensation tribunals, and employment insurance tribunals.