The Bernard LLP business law group provides corporate and commercial legal services and advice to companies and entrepreneurs large and small, across all industry sectors. Through our experience and dedication to service, we provide necessary advice to companies to assist with the legal issues faced, whether in respect of day to day operations or long term strategic planning.
Our lawyers advise on all aspects of corporate and commercial law and are able to assist with the formation and organization of businesses, including incorporations, partnerships, trusts, reorganizations, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, amalgamations and joint ventures. Additionally, working closely with our clients, we advise on, structure and negotiate commercial transactions, ownership agreements, financing and all manner of commercial documents necessary to achieve their business objectives.
We provide personalized corporate services from routine filings and registrations to complex compliance matters. We assist with all aspects of corporate governance and provide personalized service in meeting the documentation and record-keeping needs of our clients.
Our business law group specifically advises on the following:
- Organizational Structure and Financing – including corporations, limited liability, general and limited partnerships, trusts, joint venture and other strategic arrangements as well as the project, debt or equity financing required;
- Acquisitions and Related Transactions – including share and asset purchase and sale transactions, business succession and tax-efficient restructuring and reorganizations;
- Ownership Agreements – including shareholder, partnership, co-ownership and joint venture agreements;
- Corporate Governance – including shareholder disputes, and directors’ and officers’ liability;
- Contract Matters – including purchase and sale agreements, supply, sale distribution, licensing, leasing, services agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, non-competition, management and consulting agreements;
- Employment – including executive and senior management agreements for compensation, retention and termination; and
- Insurance Matters – including underwriting pool agreements, reinsurance, brokerage and agency agreements, policy terms and outsourcing agreements.